Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Very Special Baby Quilt

One of my best friend's is having a baby at the end of the month and I recently went up to the DC area for her baby shower!  Before she was pregnant she had asked me if whenever she was pregnant if I'd make a baby quilt for her... OF COURSE I would!  Well, the time has come and I'd been planning on what type of quilt I would make for her baby boy!  After may deliberations and admiring star quilts for a wile, here's what I made...



{Done with the quilt top.  Spray basted the sandwich.}





{The quilt backing, my friend's theme is Elephants.  They are keeping the baby's name a secret, but she divulged to me what letter is starts with.  "C"}




{Ready to quilt!}






{All done! The lighting is terrible, but still looks good!}







{I had a brilliant idea to use the left over fabric from the quilt to make a diaper bag! Turned out great!}






{Little perspective on the size.}






{Turns out, she loved it! And it looks great on her crib!}






Designs Used:
    Saw Tooth Star By Sew Mama Sew

No comments:

Post a Comment