Monday, February 13, 2012

Quilting endeavors...

My first quilt... had NO IDEA what I was doing.  I never even pressed the seams until the quilt top was done.  Also notice my old singer. :)









My second quilt, this was for a baby boy, but it was the same design.  I did much better this time.









Jumping straight in from baby quilts that are very beginner right to the DWR (Double Wedding Ring) quilt for one of my best friend's wedding.  I was under a 3 week timline, so needless to say, I hauled ass making this one.  

Before this quilt, I had never used a rotary cutter, so I decided to go ahead and splurge for this quilt.  Thank goodness too because I think there was around 500 pieces!!








Here's my next: A T-Shirt quilt I helped my sister-in-law make for our family.







After finishing this quilt Ryan (my DH) and I spent a few days with my parents for Christmas and I received this WONDERFUL AMAZING gift from my parents:



Wait for it.....YES! A brand new, fantastic sewing machine... and an awesome one at that!  My old one was a Singer I bought from a pawn shop for $30 and ran into the GROUND!




I decided to step things up a bit with the new sewing machine and make small investments to hopefully pay off in better quilts.  My next project was to be a quilt for my mother's 50th birthday party.



(I look super rough in this picture, good thing you can't see my face)



I spent about $50 total and got myself a few crucial tools:

1. New sewing gloves (for gripping the quilt sandwich)
2. A custom built sewing table (made by yours truly)
3. A darning foot.









(First time trying some embroidery)




She loved it!!




More to come soon!!




Some of the designs I used for these quilts and projects:

Far Far Away Quilt- Made by Rae

Lark Quilt- Amy Butler

Custom Quilt Table Tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment